Abelton Live Q: controlling GPO volumes

I'm having trouble controlling the volume when I use a Garritan GPO instrument in a midi track in Live.

I'm setting up multiple GPO tracks with different instruments. Sometimes they work fine, other times the volume seems fine when I play the keys in the Kontact player window, but back in Live the darned volume is turned down.

 I know that sometimes the volume is set with the mod wheel. I can get some improvement using the MOD wheel in Live, but  even with the wheel fully extended, the volume is still way low. I should mention that the MOD wheel on the PCR-M30 is SPRING LOADED, so that's totally frustrating.

One other question: is there a way to take advantage of the ability of one Kontact player to support multiple instruments on different midi channels? I think I was able to do that in Logic.

Any guidance much appreciated!

greg powers           egpowers@pacbell.net
831-438-5536, 331-8232 (cell)