Re: why do we loop?

--- Kevin Cheli-Colando <kevin@minds-eye.org> wrote:

>The answer that keeps coming back is just that I'd
like to see how the >music changes when I have even
more attention and energy available.

I find that often just the opposite is the case.  I
have more attention going to how my set up is
different (truncated compared to my home setup) and
how the audience is reacting.  Last time I played out
we did a big jam thing at the end and my girlfriend
said, "you played really well but at the end you were
totally overpowering everyone else.  I had no idea as
there wasn't a monitor pointed at or anywhere near me.

Really, the best musical experiences I've ever had
were when playing (with or without loops) in a
controlled environment like my studio or a practice
space.  I'd love to find a situation like that again
but I can't seem to find anyone in the SF area who'd
be up for it.  All the energy of an "audience" PLUS
the beauty of an improv partner with none of the
hassles of schlepping gear.

Mark

http://mail.yahoo.com