Re: why do we loop?or why play live?

Luis Angulo wrote:

>Yes i must admit that ive also had very positive
>curiosity.The funny thing is that at loop shows is
>mostly females who´ve come up to me and said nice
>things...i always thought looping was more of a boy
>with repeating toyz thing...;-)
>Luis

There's a Fripp interview at http://et.stok.co.uk/articles/163-25.html
during his Frippertronics tour era where he touches briefly on the
'subject' :)

---

RG:  Do you feel that what you're doing now is rock 'n' roll?
RF:  Some of it is finding that. Rock 'n' roll is characterized by an
     energy which works from below the navel. Some Frippertronics has
     that. Funny enough, it's generally only the women that recognize
     it. 'Cause it's not often crass and straightforeward. (RF makes
     loud drunken animal noises)
RG:  More sensual?
RF:  Well, it varies, doesn't it? But the point is that generally men
     come up and say, "What a remarkably good idea that was, stacking
     those fourths one on top of the other. Oh, remarkable. Remarkable
     parallell modulation there. Yes, very good, very good." Women come
     up and sort of, "Hmmm! Yes!" (warmly).  I've had more propositions
     from Frippertronics in three months, two months in America, than I
     had in six years of rock 'n' roll with Crimson. Yeah, really
     astounding.
RG:  So how does that affect you? How do you respond?
RF:  Oh, generally go home and go to bed and pack my suitcase to be
     getting up and in a fit state to go on the road the next day.
     That's what  I generally do. I see to business.

---