Re: quest for an audio interface for laptop music applications

Well,

It's a Firewire unit and not USB, but I'd like to
throw in a vote for the MOTU Traveler.  Does all
that you ask and lots more.
   http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/traveler/

Lots of capabilities to grow into.  It's a lot
like the MOTU 828 mkII in a portable, bus-powered
package.

Don't forget that the quality of the A/D
converters really varies between some of the
units you mention.

Ken