Re: quest for an audio interface for laptop music applications

On 10/22/05, a k butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> The M-Box has Focusrite pre-amps which will sound great,

I have the older mBox with Focusrite pres, and while the preamps are
perfectly adequate I wouldn't call them great. The name 'Focusrite'
doesn't appear in the specification for the new mBox2 (or at least if
it does I can't find it), so clearly that feature's been traded off in
the redesign.

> but I don't remember if the M-Box only runs with the Pro-Tools software.

Both the old mBox (now discontinued) and the new mBox 2 come with ASIO
and WDM drivers for Windows and Core Audio drivers for MacOSX. So you
can use them with audio applications other than ProTools.