Re: Firewire (for laptop interface applications)

     Rainier wrote:
<<<2. Getting a USB2+FireWire interface (Adaptec makes one four 'round
€100).
(snip)
Solution 2 sounds considerably better, even though it would make me
throw away (or sell at a loss) my USB2 PCMCIA interface.>>>

     I don't know how significant this information is because I'm not a
computer gear-head.  The
Presonus company advises their Firewire users to purchase a dedicated
Firewire card and not use
the dual purpose cards like the combo USB2 + Firewire.  They go further to
specify Belcan and
Adaptec as two companies that produce Firewire cards that meet Presonus'
standards.

     Stephen

http://mail.yahoo.com