Re: main difference betwween Moebius and Ableton Live

sonic steph wrote:
> As trying softwares takes always a long time, I would like to know about
> the main difference between Moebius and AL, talking about live
>experience..

Well, for starters they're really quite different things.  Mobius is
a VST plugin that does looping and some people actually run it
inside Ableton Live.

Live is large powerful commercial application that does too many things to
list
here, but it is basically an audio/midi sequencer designed for live use as
opposed to a "studio" sequencer like Sonar, Cubase, Logic, etc.

> What I need:
> real-time, overdubs, several loops and possibility to switch from one to
> another, the possibility to use Vst intruments

The last one is key.  Mobius is not a VST host so you cannot run
a VST instrument inside it.  You can combine Mobius with a VST instrument
by running them both in another host, such as Bidule, EnergyXT, or
AudioMulch
but you will have more things to assemble.

Live is a powerful VST host and can run instruments and effects as well as
loop.
There is some overlap in their looping capabilities, but they take
different
approaches.  Mobius offers more control over how the loop is constructed,
Live has more control over how the loop is mutated and arranged with other
loops.

Mobius is a young freeware "beta" product that may frighten you on stage.
Live is a stable expensive commercial product.

Without knowing more about how you want to loop its hard to make a
recommendation.
Are any of the following things important?

    first loop capability
    ending a record with overdub
    multiply & insert
    "glitch" looping
    free form "ambient" looping with overdub decay

If you don't know what those are or don't care, then you probably want
Live.

Jeff