Re: Real-time category

Travis Hartnett wrote:
> And what I've been trying to say is that "When using audio tools that
> run on a PC, it's easy to bring any computer to a crawl, with
> dedicated hardware there are design safeguards/limitations that
> usually prevent this."

I agree with this completely.  But I don't think this is how
the thread got started.  I thought this started from the premise
that it was impossible to perform MIDI command processing
and synchronization accurately enough for Sensitive Real
Musicians on a platform that wasn't running a real-time OS.

If all this time we were just doing the "robustness"
and "purpose built UI" debate then I've wasted a lot of
bandwidth :-)

Happy Holidays,
Jeff