Re: Looperlative LP1 - sample rate

>> Basically a square wave at any frequency contains all frequencies at
>> varying levels. Doesn't make much sense, but its true.  A sin wave
>> contains exactly one and only one frequency. jon.
>
> A square wave is a wave that contains two states (one of which may or
>may
> not be zero) the effect of the "squaring or squareness"  of these waves
>is
> the inclusion of a series of harmonics including the octave and all odd
> order harmonics above the octave into a theoretical infinity. The first
> harmonic being the octave (or for instance 30k above a 15k square wave)

You are absolutely correct.  I guess I wasn't thinking straigh when I made
the above comment.  However....   a square wave can excite all kinds of
frequencies which are not harmonics if other things in the system have a
resonance.  An example:  hitting a curb with your car.   This is like a
square wave for the suspension system - but your car will bounce at the
resonant frequency of the suspension.  I use square waves all the time in
physical systems to excite and find resonances.  Another example more
related to audio is when a sound engineer will walk around the room and
clap.  The clap is an pressure wave impulse (sound)very similar to a
square
wave and will excite resonances in the room that the engineer can then
listen for.

> Something that contains all frequencies is called "noise". White noise
> contains all those frequencies evenly.

right again!

Jon