Re: gratuitous nostalgia was: re: Looping in prehistory

> It's a good time to be alive as a musician (even if it's harder and
>harder
> to find places to play).
>
> Watching Jaco loop those harmonics in an ostinato pattern it makes me
> think how jazzed he would be today,
> owning an EDP,  a Looperlative,  a Repeater,  a laptop with Augustus
>Loop
> or Moebius or Ableton's Live.
>
> What he would do with it all.   It's humbling, isn't it?

I've wondered the same thing about people like Janis and Jimi.  But then
look at some of the 'greats' who did survive and see what they are doing
now.  I look at Fripp or Eno and see where the technology took them, and
then see Clapton, who is GREAT - no doubt, but is still playing the same
thing...

It is still a great great time to be a musician!

Tony