Re: New Fripp Rig & how his rig functions

>Back in the day, Fripp had four TC2290's - i think hooked up in
>stereo-pairs.

For his Music for Finding Your Seat soundscapes on the G3 tour, he used
two stereo pairs, each pair set for a different delay time / loop length.
Besides the switchblade, he had some A/B and A/B/Both switches and volume
pedals.  He injected notes into one stereo loop or the other, sometimes
into both loops at once.  Sometimes the audience would hear the notes as
he played them, sometimes only when the loop(s) came around.

Dunno what the Eventides were doing most of the time. (Pitch-shifting?
filtering? panning? mangling and mayhem?).  He had a trick where he'd
continuously spin a data wheel on an Eventide for nearly a minute,
mangling the looper output(s). IIRC that playing his rack by hand episode
is briefly visible in one of the King Crimson concert videos from the
1990s.

I'd guess he used the preamps for analog guitar tone and/or to connect the
stomp box part of the rig (fuzz/wah/etc) to the stereo processors and
loopers.

HTH, ho, ho, ho,
Nick

Simon posted: