RE: VG-88 and Roland GR-33 dissapearing rumors

At 2:06 PM -0800 12/24/05, William Walker wrote:

>>  From your discussions with the Roland rep, did you get an impression
>>of how much the "something really cool" is going to incorporate
>>Roland's Harmonic Restructuring technology...  Conversely, is
>>there a possibility where that path may be scrapped entirely
>
>  not much  more than the hints I got, though he did mention that designs
>were in the works for their VG stuff as well.

Kewl!  Thanks for digging that out of the few "hints" the Roland rep let
slip.

David Coffin's advice has helped me sort out the dilemma I'd
mentioned in my earlier email.  Since a used VG-8 is going for about
five bills less than the cost of a new VG-88, it looks like I can
jump for the older technology, and be perfectly content while I wait
for the "next big thing" your contact alluded too.

Thanks again for doing all this recon, BTW!

        --m.

--
_______
"The revolution may be someone somewhere else..."