Re: laptop based loopers/effects for live

On 29 dec 2005, at 20.46, mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:

> This isn't laptop related, but one time I was using an RC-20 for an
> open
> mike and forgot to make sure the "Guide" knob was turned down. I
> played
> in a nice groovy jazz background, then hit play..
>
> SNARE! KICK! KICK! KICK! SNARE! KICK! KICK! KICK!
> The audience thought that was pretty funny. Since then I always
> checked it!

Brings another Human Goof Story to my mind: We were playing a duo gig
and my partner had borrowed my old Roland MC-303. All our stuff were
MIDI Clock synced. We played for an hour and at the end of the show
we went into a very silent part. While I was tweaking the loops in my
EDP and Repeater from my Behringer FCB1010 MIDI pedal I was
distracted by some  "THUMP" sounds, loudly hitting the least musical
spots a little before some bars and eight notes. Not until after
quite a while I discovered that the noise happened when I was using
certain FCB Buttons. Ouch.... we had forgot to check the MIDI channel
of the MC-303 and it was now receiving MIDI notes from my floor
controller that was only meant to silently control my loopers. I have
that gig recorded, it sounds very lame ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)