RE: laptop for live music

At 12:37 PM -0800 12/29/05, Gary Lehmann wrote:
>So is IBM ThinkPad the best way to go?
>Any other contenders? I speak of course of the Windoze platform.

Sony Vaio has some big names pushing it (Kraftwerk supposedly did
their entire last tour using nothing but Vaio's).  The only personal
experience I can say is from my old Vaio circa. 2001.  It did just
fine for its time, but a lot can change over half a decade.

Also, there are a few "custom specced" music laptop out there.  I'll
see if I can dig up a few URL's if I can find my latest issue of
Computer Music...

        --m.

--
_______
"Now Simulcast on Crazy People's Fillings"