Gig Spam: Berkeley: Darin Shaffer, Joe Rut ,Thurs Jan 12

Hey there-

I'll be playing in Berkeley at the Starry Plough (3101 Shattuck Ave)
Thurs, Jan 12, 9:00 *SHARP* (being a "school night" they're starting the
show
on the early side).  I'm opening, and playing a rare (for me these days)
non-looping gig with a full band (2 guitars, fiddle, bass, percussion,
harmony vocals).  We'll be showcasing some songs off my soon to be
recorded new CD and some old chesnuts.

What does this have to do with looping, you ask?  Well, next up on the
bill is Darin Shaffer, a live-looping bassist using the EDP.  You can see
some video of him looping here:

http://darinschaffer.clickpoprecords.com

After Darin will be the jazz quartet Balaclava, who promise to use "only
the newest and most ancient compositional and improvisational
techniques".

Spam over and out

Joe Rut

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow
Pages