Re: Cd sales

Yes, Steve , but it's also your live-reputation (you play a lot and very well of course) which let people come back to your site to order on line.  They'll buy a CD when they see you play live and later go to your site and order more different CDs. They then buy CDs of you and no downloads since they were CD buyers in the 1st place. (I'm not sure if I made myself clear or made things more complicated:))

BTW I love your music and your CDs, I must have 5 different CDs of you now!

Take care,

Ron Baggerman
http://www.galaxygypsy.nl

Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:
FWIW, I've sold more CDs online between April 2004-2005 than any year
previously (just been doing my accounts to get my tax return in).
I've been selling my albums online as downloads for a while now. CD
sales still outnumber downloads 2:1.

The only trend I observe in my own CD buyers is that I sell more than
double the number of solo CDs as I do of any collaborative projects I
release on my own label.

Cd sales are still a very significant part of my mortgage paying
power each year. :o)

A big thanks to everyone on here who has bought my CDs/downloads/t-
shirts over the last five years. I feel very fortunate to get to do
what I do for a living, and given the discussion that's going on,
don't take it for granted that I still get to do this.

cheers,

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site
www.stevelawson.net/store/ - shop