AW: DVD Re: CD SALES DECLINING?

> That's good for people who enjoy gigging, live where there's
> sufficient opportunities, and who offer a compelling
> performance experience, but not so good for people in the
> sticks who don't shine on stage, or whose music doesn't
> translate as well to the live format...

Then you have to make it translate well. Or you have to train hard to shine
on stage. First, find a way to look cool while operating a laptop (assuming
you're using one). A completely hands-(on the computer)free solution with
foot controller, data glove and voice control with a throat microphone
perhaps? You're not using a laptop and are a looping guitarist? Then
translating your performance onto the stage shouldn't be a problem. Jimi
Hendrix could do it!

Then, include the audience into your performance. Have them sing along. Let
them push footswitches or run around on stage in sync to the music or
lightshow.

Learn to have fun talking to people, addressing people, performing in front
of people from a stage. This is the hardest part, if you are not a
performer.

To avoid any misunderstanding: I do not suggest that you let some of these
issues change or corrupt your art. Just keep it how it is - but take it to
the people, and don't play Glenn Gould.

        Rainer