Re: Another interesting article

Per Boysen wrote:
> First I was horrified but then some parts of that article made me
> wonder if these findings really are unique? According to the article
> scientists are saying
>
>>  "The accessibility of music has meant that it is taken for granted
>> and does not require a deep emotional commitment once associated  with
>> music appreciation,"

I am not horrified at all, because, though its claimed these finding are
made by "scientists", its very obvious they are not, or at least their
conclusions are not scientific. The simple fact that we feel a lot of
music is not really appriciated and then a study approves this is
nothing special, but they claim that it has to be interpreted as such
that in the past this was not the case! But that is not proofed and
could not be proofed by this study.
A scientist needs to be able to step back from her personal/subjectiv
perspective.

I think in the past it was not that much different. We as musicians are
not able to even imagine that music isn't what it means for us. But I
know a lot of people which just don't care. These have easy acces to
music, but to conclude they don't care because they have easy access is
just ridicolous. (sorry I do come from a scientific background and
whenever I read about studies like that, its like if you read a critic
about your music from an ignorant, who just does not know anything about
any music.)

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

         Stefan Tiedje
         Klanggestalter
     Electronic Composition
               &
         Improvisation

            /~~~~~\
     \\\   /|() ()|\

14, Av. Pr. Franklin Roosevelt, 94320 Thiais, France
Phone at CCMIX   +33-1-49 77 51 72