Re: latency questions

At 3:35 PM -0500 1/12/06, monk wrote:

>cool thanks for the info. but what most folks with low latency are
>running seem to be pretty lean programs.. no ableton or logic and no
>one is using firewire. kind of what i suspected. thanks for the
>information that helps.

Um, not quite...

I'm using Ableton Live 5.x with an Edirol FA-101 firewire interface,
and running at about 4-5ms latency.

I use it primarily for live (no pun intended) processing, and the
FA-101 functions as both my mixer and audio matrix.  The extra ins
and outs are patched into external processors, and all routing and
levels are controlled within Live.  Before the CPU spikes, I can
usually get up to 4 or 5 plug-ins running on each channel (2 inputs +
effect send/returns) dependant upon just which plugs I'm using.

This is on a 12" Powerbook 1.33Ghz with 2gigs RAM.

        --m.

--
_______
"Take a packet of seeds.  Take yourself out to play.