Re: Zoe tour sighting...ImogenHeap++++

Ha Ha! You are too nice!

The tour is going very well though. Imogen and co are just so wonderful.

That Avalon show was technically hard because Imogen was using
entirely new untested gear. Because of the Letterman "bumping" her
gear had to be in 2 places at once, her usual "tested" gear was at
Letterman and everything at the Avalon was purchased that very day.
Plus,  we couldn't soundcheck because she was taping. You can imagine
the technical difficulties....!! I think all the kinks are worked out
now, but it certainly is complicated what she does!

On Jan 15, 2006, at 6:46 PM, stanitarium wrote:

>  in the nytimes 'pop music review' for 1/13/05 from the Avalon
> 'With her Synthesizer, She Mesmerizes'
> this part is after my own heart:
> ...But when Ms. Heap left the acoustic world behind for her
> synthesizer
> bank, strung as it was w/ plastic flowers and christmas lights, she
> was
> mesmerizing. Despite serious technical glitches that plagued her
> thru out
> the show (the audience got to know her technician by name), songs
> like the
> acrobatic "loose ends" and "headlock", the latter rounded out by
> the cello
> of her opener, ZoeKeating, allowed her to dispense w/ schtick and
> enjoy the
> play of her ominously breathy, intermittently percussive voice
> against her
> lush soundscapes..." - Laura Sinagra
> too bad Zoe cant bring her along to Y2K6-that would ROOL...
>

> on 1/11/06 6:13 AM, Zoe Keating at cello@zoekeating.com wrote:
>
>> yup....
>> ...she'll be on tonight though...
>>
>> On Jan 11, 2006, at 12:49 AM, stanitarium wrote:
>>

>>> Damn, waitin fer ms.Heap on Letterman and she gets bumped for some
>>> idiotic
>>> skit...iz that why they call tv a 'vast wasteland'?
>>> hope to catch you guys @ GAMH :-)
>>> breakaleg
>>> seeya