Re: Today is "Run Your Anti-virus Software Day"

On Jan 18, 2006, at 8:09 AM, John Tidwell wrote:

> because one of you has cooties!
>
> I've just had three emails (with attachments) from
> "Loopers-Delight-request" hit my mailbox.
>
> If you don't have av software, you can get it for free
> at  http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 .

If you're talking about Avast, I don't trust it.  Avast has been
claiming there is a "trojan"
in the Mobius installer for months, yet oddly enough neither Norton,
McAfee, or any
of the other major virus scanners finds anything.  The installer
itself is built by
the wildly popular NullSoft Installation System.  Someone posted on a
KVR forum
that the last release of Avast suddenly discovered a "trojan" in
Adobe Acrobat.  I strongly
suspect whatever it is finding in LD emails is a false alarm.

Jeff