Robert Fripp's Playing Style/Technique

Hi,
since there are many people here familiar with Fripp I suppose, some
questions about his playing style:
His posture seems very special, what's the trick behind his left hand and
right hand, especially his picking and thumb thing. And why does he always
use triangular picks? And isn't the New Standard Tuning uncomfortable when
playing scales?
Sorry for those questions, but I find his playing fascinating and want to
learn about it.

Thanks, Simon