RE: Looperlative Too Expensive?

I agree with Mark, and like to add that, something about trusting my live
performance to a Windows based laptop or even the vaunted Mac ,with the
better but not there yet latency issues, fills me with dread. First there
is
the crash problem, I've seen it happen to people live, not a pretty sight,
then there is the cost as Mark mentioned, not to mention the learning
curve,
way steeper than the Looperlative, and not nearly as user friendly for midi
foot control. I'd say $1400 is pretty dammed reasonable.
 I have rarely ever had problems with my line 6 DL4 or Repeater, my main
live tools, the exception being the occasional footswitch gone bad (DL4) or
RPTR freeze (always cured by powering down, which takes about 1/10th of the
time it takes to reboot most computers), or the occasional power brown out.
I usually bring two loopers to a gig, three if you count the hold delay in
the vox tonelab, and sometimes another DL4. If any one of those loopers
went
down I'd still have one or two as backup, I might have to change how I
approach the set but I wouldn't be sitting there sweating bullets staring
in
to a computer screen.
I know the day is not far off when all the little bugs and issues about
live
looping on computer are solved, and I certainly won't dispute how much more
vast the options become in the computer domain, I'm just not ready to
invest
in what I feel it would take to have a performance worthy rig (2 mac powere
books running duplicate apps), I could easily buy two looperalatives and
maybe and edp for those kind of sheckles.
Bill