RE: Looperlative - Max Time?

about the Looperlative's maximum recording time, mrweasel wrote:

"That's not a lot.
Any way to upgrade to 512Mb or even 256Mb?"

I have to ask:    what on earth  would you do with more than almost
1 minute a track in stereo for 8 tracks in a live looping situation?

Quite frankly,  unless you are laying individual percussion sounds for a
rhythm track,
how frequently would you even use 8 tracks in a single piece of music?

The concept of timbral masking rears it's ugly head if you start piling
too
much stuff
onto a track.

Even if you are running long ambient loops in a piece,  how many of those
tracks
would you run at any given instance?

Unless you are going, purposefully for a muddy mess one isn't going to run
more than
three or possibly for such tracks at a time.   That would give you four
stereo
tracks at almost two minutes apiece.

You can't even perceive  a loop that is two minutes long as a loop.

Sorry, but I just had to get that off of my chest.

peevishly, but not without some sense of humor,   Rick

ps and forgive me, mrweasel,  I don't know that actual answer to your
question, but Bob Amstadt, the designer can answer it
at the forum at www.looperlative.com.