Re: Alesis Masterlink on Sales via eBay

In a message dated 1/30/06 3:27:47 PM, khartung@cableone.net writes:

<< What did you guys conclude on the Marantz? >>

I don't recall, things get a little blurry as to which list of the many
lists
and all the posts flying about.
:-)

I think the Marantz might have been a bit pricey new for what someone was
looking for and a bit clunky for portability in terms of field recording
(vs.
performance capture).
Battery is a key issue in the field but perhaps not so important
documenting
audio in a club or such that has power outlets.

Bit depth, uncompressed files and overall durability need to be high on
the
list for both field and performance work.

So many of the low end and mid range recorders seem to tack on bells and
whistles such as effects, rhythm loops, scrubbing, punch in/out locators
etc. that
are compositional tools and unnecessary for audio capture.

Be nice to have something lean and powerful that can fit in the back
pocket.

cheers

BobCo

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier2