RE: Patent law

It is indeed an impressive device, and I have no problem with a patent
on this particular design.  But I think it is a stretch to assume this
covers the mere concept of "stereo parallel loops of different lengths".
He may have been one of the first to build a device that implemented
that concept for digital audio, and the fixed ratio user interface
is novel, but the concept has been around for a long time.

I don't see how any currently available multi-track looper, hardware or
software, infringes on this patent.  They are not even remotely
similar in architecture or user interface.

Jeff