Re: Maybe why Avante-garde looping in US...

heh heh.its true, im never serious...and im never politically correct.the only good hip hopper is a dead hip hopper.shall i make a list?lol... i do like the division it has created in america and the world in general.so i guess kudos to h/h and the dulled down masses who enjoy it.

matthew.quinn@sunlife.com wrote:
Hello all,

New to the list, but I've been looping for a long time now.................

'sophistication & hip hop are not cohesive...redundant & childish fit the
bill'

^^^You can't be serious. Being that loopers are IMO generally at the
forefront of emerging music & technology, I am surprised to see someone
here say something like that. Redundant & Childish? There certainly is
terrible hip-hop out there (and terrible rock.....and terrible
blues.......and terrible Country....etc etc), but there is LOADS & loads of
mindblowing hip hop as well. As a matter of fact, I'd say hip-hop currently
features the greatest lyric writers of the modern music era- this
generations Bob Dylan will be an MC, fo sure. Bad music does not respect
the boundaries of genre- to lump all hip hop together is like lumping Sum
41 into the same breath as The Beatles.

"daniel stevenson" To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
cc:
02/02/2006 03:06 PM Subject: Re: Maybe why Avante-garde looping in US...
Please respond to
Loopers-Delight

Kevin wrote:
At 06:47 PM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
>Study: Why Americans Have Bad Rhythm
>http://www.livescience.com/othernews/050207_music_beat.html
>This is all a long winded way of saying that the study of world
>rhythm and how it's performed and felt: how and in which ways it is
>sophisticated is just too complex a phenomena to put down to a study
>of 75 balkan immigrants and presumably white Canadians and it's
>irresponsible to publish tripe like this.

I'd like to see the study re-done to include white and black
teenagers who listen to hiphop. Like or loathe it, hiphop's vocal
rhythms are often very sophisticated and its popularity is very high
throughout the youth culture.

PS: I'm Canadian. ;-)

Cheers,
Kevin
www.TheNettle.com

disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that