Re: ableton question ("how do you use it?")

Hi Paul. I'll give you a quick breakdown of what I'm doing currently in
Live5.

The main thing is vst-hosting, midi+audio looping and routing... in
other words, everything needed for live performance.

I run a mic and a synth into it (and a full vocal-processor device chain
on the mic), two softsynths, a virtual sampler and a sound-on-sound
looper from it without my computer breaking a sweat - I can loop the
output of my looper orthe synths in audio clips, loop+quantize midi
lines going to the softsynths AND I can route any signal into the looper
for multiply/divide trickery and glitch-processing. Everything is
handled by midi controllers, and it works sooo well.

andy.