Re: Elton Dean

That's sad news. I'm particularly fond of the
overlapping period around Third after Dean joined the
Softs, but before Robert Wyatt was edged out, when
Dean's chops and serious musicianship blended with
Wyatt's more whimsical psychedelia in a wonderful way,
with Hugh Hopper providing the bridge between the two
extremes. I would have loved to have heard the
upcoming reunion...

-t-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/obituary/0,,1706856,00.html