Recommended Dealer for Casio DAT Repair

Hi, all:

I have a Casio DAT recorder than, when new, cost me around $1200. It was a
nice unit for its time. I recently applied power to the unit and almost
immediately, I smelled something getting VERY hot. I pulled the plug
before the damn thing caught fire.

I don't know if this DAT recorder is worth having repaired or not. I
suspect it would cost at least $100 USD for a repair and probably more
than that. Does anyone have similar experiences they can share regarding
the repair of such items? Thanks!

Paul Richards