Re: Recommended Dealer for Casio DAT Repair

I just discovered there is one (or really one series) of flash based
mp3 recorders that provides phantom power, or really "plug in power"
like minidisc recorders. It's suppose to be 2.5v as opposed to the
1.5v of a typical minidisc. It's not DAT quality, but if you can live
with 320kps mp3 files, the iRiver IFP-895T 512 MB MP3 Player is a
steal at $99.99 shipped from Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B5MJF8/ref=sr_11_1/002-5771515-6634459?%5Fencoding=UTF8

These do seem to break easily, but they are tiny, and the 512Mb of
memory will give you 3 1/2 hrs at 320kps. The iRiver ifp 700 & 800
series were the only flash mp3 recorders that could power a condenser
microphone, and they've been discontinued, so if you are interested
now is the time.

Here are some reviews:
http://www.geekfishing.net/media/podcast/2005/03/16/iriver_ifp799_recording.html
http://www.videouniversity.com/iriver.shtml