Re: PAYOLA [was: HOUSE CONCERTS]

don't fool yourself into thinking that payola doesn't exist in
non-commercial/public radio formats. it may not be as well defined as
a sack of cash but it happens. we recently had a music director let go
at our major npr station for unethical practices falling loosly in
this area. i have a close friend who works in public radio and the
level of "freebies" go well beyond general promotion/review. beyond
that if one was tenacious enough to cross check what radio stations
(non-commercial and otherwise) play and what they report they'll find
cuffs and collar often don't match.