Re: Looper's Essential Listening revisited: the 1980's

>(My understanding is that on the tour, he would actually rewind the
>tape and solo over it. One doesn't, however, get that on the record.
>It's all about the loops.)

It's not that he would rewind the tape and solo over it in performance,
rather he would sometimes solo over the loopage without injecting the solo
into the loop. Those solo notes were never recorded onto the tape used to
create the Frippertronics loops.  Therefore the album, which was mastered
from the Frippertronics tape, documents only the looping without capturing
what, if anything, he played over the top during the performance.

Hoping I said that right,
Nick