Re:Re: Faux Stereo Looping

>That's what I was thinking.  Lots of narrow bands would basically
>ping-pong the material if you set it up right.
>
>Todd

Way back I did some experiments with my TLA EQ1.
That's a very high quality valve eq with  a very broad band width.

I found that different sources worked well with different settings.
...but always quite a subtle mid range lift on each side, compensated
by an equivalent dip on the opposite side.
This produced a sound that was just like the original when the 2
channels were mixed back to mono.
With an old mono recording of the Ornette Coleman Quartet I was able
to get Ornette (sax) on one side , and Don Cherry (trumpet) on the other.

You may find that a lot of narrow band filtering will cause
degradation of the sound
quality.
..of course, if it sounds right anyway , then.................

It's also worth trying a different  "Allpass" filter on each channel.
That's a filter that doesn't change the frequency content, but shifts
the phase differently for different frequencies.

andy butler