Re: The many sides of Robert Fripp Was: Re: RC-50 Fade Out

On 22 feb 2006, at 21.45, S V G wrote:

>      Well yeah, he started out by sitting in with jazz musicians,
> then he was with the Giles
> brothers back in 1968, then he was in this other group for a while,
> then he started doing
> Soundscapes.

Interesting! I didn't hear about RF until in 1975. I was talking to a
guitar player collegue in a symphonic art rock band that had the
coolest sound I had heard, so far. He told me he was using a Big Muff
for his SG "because Fripp does". Next day I bought the "Red" album,
then "Lizard". Crimson was good when they stayed away from fusion
jazz rock, I thought (and still do).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)