percussive sounds on elec. gtr / kaoss pad vs. electrix filter

percussive sounds:
i was listening to 2 of my eugene chadbourne cds yesterday, one of them, his
1st solo gtr album from mid 70's has loads and loads of examples of prepared guitar
and examples of very percussive sounds.
it sounds like he is beating the guitar to death. so some good listening examles.
i would say the recording quality is not great, and it is actually at times very hard
to listen to (definately not easy acoustic listening), but it is a good example of some
very free playing (to my ear sounds like a combo of influences of cage and d. bailey)...
it definately sounds like he approaches  the guitar very differently than most....

kaoss pad (v1) vs. electrix filter:
i had the 1st version of the kaoss pad and it was very good at getting some wacky sounds, and the touch screen was an interesting way of manipulating the effects (hard to play gtr and manipulate at times though), i had a used one, and the presets that did samples, a couple did not work, but i was able to use it as a looper (no overdub, just 5 sec samples i think). i had read that some had reliability issues, and i could see that w/ time, etc...one thing w/ the electric gtr is that the ins/outs were rca's, which in my setup were a bit noisy, but when i used it, i went very minimal...but got some good results w/ it...the v.2 looked to be a much sturdier model and had more sample time i believe....
as compared to the electrix filter, i can't really say, i remember watching the original web videos of the filter in action and i remember thinking that the filter sounds were the fattest (phattest?) i'd ever heard, and when they used an old casio sk1 w/ it and made it sound real cool, i was hooked and wanted one, but alas, never got one. to my ear, the devices that offer filter that i've used -korg kaoss v1, alesis ineko, digitech synthwah- offer some nice filtering options, but have never sounded like the filters on the electrix model. and it should be noted that i watched the electrix web thing on a mac computer from a few yrs ago, not the greatest speakers.....
my 2 cents for today....s---