Re: LXP5 Problem - Stereo Output Now Mono

On 12 mar 2006, at 06.15, Kris Hartung wrote:

> I'm having some problems with my Lexicon LXP5.  It seems to be
> producing a mono output even though I'm using both L and R outputs
> to my board, plus using both L and R inputs from my Boss VF1. I
> tested this by using a panned delay on my VF1 and removing the
> LXP5. The panning is there. Add the LXP5 and the stereo output is
> bridged into a mono signal. Even the factory default LXP5 patches
> do this. I don't recall this unit doing this last year, so somehow
> I've changed something on the unit via MIDI, or the the hardware
> has gone haywire.
>
> Anyone know what might be causing this?

Hard to tell on so little information given out on the problem. The
most important fact is if you daisy chain the LXP5 in the signal
chain or if you put it all wet at an effect send/return loop of a
mixer? And if course if the way you are now connecting it is the same
as you did last year, when you "had stereo".

Then it also depends on what you use the LXP5 for. Some presets
change the input stereo spread more than others. I have a LXP5 but I
never used it for anything except reverb and I always put it in a
send/return effect loop on a mixer. I never bothered to feed it a
stereo input either, because I thought it sounded cool anyway. But it
was, and is, definitely putting out a stereo signal.

When using a stereo input to the LXP5 the most affected parameters
are the early reflection bounces in some reverb/delay ("multi")
patches, if my manual readers memory serves me right (my Lexicon
manual got lost somewhere back in the early nineties).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)