Re: what a loop has to say

At 08:27 AM 3/17/2006, you wrote:
>I think this is a great point.  When you start down this path of
>invalidating an artistic expression because of how it was created,
>and create some sort of continuum of "good/artistic" vs.
>"bad/generated by 'gear'", then you might come to the conclusion
>that you can only be valid by standing naked in front of the
>audience, using only the voice/body to create.  While this might be
>interesting (!), it's not the only valid, artistic, or "good" way to
>create music.

This discussion is developing a dichotomy that isn't constructive.
Kind of like most discussions about religion.

It's all music, we all make music, let's accept that as a given.  The
original thread had to do with Kris's conflict about his technique
(effects) getting in the way of his creativity.  This is a valid
artistic concern which really needs to be answered individually by
each of us in our own hearts.  There's no right answer here, there is
no answer that applies to all of us.  It's just part of the creative
process.

Cheers,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com