Zappas' guitar playing: was: What a loop has to say

Per wrote about Frank Zappa:
"No. He couldn't really play the guitar properly. That's what I like
with his guitar solos. He knew it and just did it way over the top,  "

Man,  Per,  I saw Zappa play an all instrumental gig at the Fillmore
Auditorium
once with the classic  George Duke, Underwoods band with Tom Fowler
playing electric trombone instead of a bassist.

You could a' fooled me.   His guitar playing was off the hook and
fantastic.
To say he couldn't play guitar properly didn't match anything I know about
guitar
playing from having played with excellent guitarists all of my life.

He may have not been up to Al DiMeola technical skills but that was much to
my delight, I have to say.