From: "Todd Pafford" <calenlas@gmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: stumbling around in the dark.....

I think we all have stories like these.  In the spirit of mutual
sympathy, here's mine. :)

One evening I found myself jamming in front of a small audience with a
group of excellent musicians most of whom had never played with the
others.  Feeling adventurous we decided to give Yes's Roundabout a go.
 It actually worked out really well.  I'm playing guitar and as it
comes time for me to cover Steve Howe's solo I find myself on the
wrong side of my pedal board....meaning the thing is behind me and
upside down.  So I quickly turn around and have to deal with a now
completely backwards pedal board.  Hoping for the best, I give a
button a push that's supposed to boost my volume for the lead.
Instead I hit the button for a quiet clean tone.  Oops!  Where'd the
guitar go?  Luckily this particular solo breaks in the middle and
allows the keyboards to rip for a few bars at which point I quickly
put everything back in order and came out screaming for the second
half.

So let that be a lesson to the youngsters:  If you're playing
something as difficult as a Yes song with a band of strangers, don't
go wandering around the stage.  Sit your arse down and pay attention!
:)  (On the other hand, I always did like the second half of the solo
better anyway.)

Todd