Re: power is nothing without control (was Re: Filter-Looper Swapping)

I am certainly not a programmer. (I have no background in writing
software or experience other than trying some BASIC back in the
Commodore 64 days.) I grab pieces of things here and there, and then
re-piece them together in ways I like. For example: The one thing I
really missed was my Alesis Bitrman. So I sat down and grabbed pieces
of max patches that did what the Bitrman did, and re-assembled them in
a way that gave me what I wanted and missed, plus a few personal
touches that went beyond the Bitrman.

I shouldn't say I "wrote" my patch....collected and organized would be
more honest....and it is fun.

The max/MSP list is full of real programmers, I lurk there and am
amazed....Met some of those folks at the Sparks Festival in
Minneapolis. Now some of them can PROGRAM.....But for myself and
others, we collect and piece together....

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com