RE: laptop setup: unwanted clicks

When I run my Powerbook G4 with enough memory (728MB in my case) and a
reasonable load, I don't get clicks - but, that's also using just my
software and a VST. If I overload my laptop, I tend to get dropouts rather
than clicks.If you're not overloaded, then it could have something to do
with the particular software you're using. I expect we would have heard
about it here if Sooperlooper was prone to this, so I'd suggest starting
with just that and no RAX or VSTs, if you can do that. See if you get
clicks
(I know, intermittent problems are hard to diagnose). Then, add in one new
thing at a time, play, and listen for clicks. When you start to get clicks,
that puts suspicion on the last item you added in, but also on load, so you
might try testing with just the suspected item and Sooperlooper to see if
you still get clicks. Iterate until done.

Oh - I just saw Jeff's suggestions too. Of course, he's right - there are
often audio parameters youcan tweak. If load is the issue, you might even
consider going to a lower sampling rate (trade off sound quality vs.
annoying glitches).

Did you hear about the programmer they found dead in the shower? He was
holding a bottle of shampoo that said, "lather, rinse, repeat".

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota

Come hear *The Sandbox* at The Monkey in NYC, April 23rd, 8PM  - details at
www.warrensirota.com/sandbox