Re: airplane baggage

I have a Storm Case.....(I like the latches better than Pelican)

http://www.cases4less.com/detail_storm_2950.html

After getting it I went to The Foam Shop and purchased some closed cell
foam (no pick and pluk for me), which I cut to tightly fit my
electronic gear and leave an inch of foam around all sides. It weighs
in at 48 pounds. Andrew Pask has the same, but his weighs in at 58 and
he always gets charged for domestic flights. BTW, I've seen my case
launched out of x-ray machines by those spinning tire things (about
died the first time I saw that), thrown by trained gorillas at
airports....so far, so good...but I would never check my trumpet....

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com