EDP simm question

dear Ls,

I found a second hand EDP that I bought as second unit and back-up.
It's a white Gibson one, even older then the one that I bought from
Steve Lawson.
These things are really diifficult to find in Italy, as all over Europe.

It needs a full-upgrade: memory and software. For the software
obviously there's Kim and Aurisis. But the memory search seems painful.

At the moment it has 4 1Mb Simm for a total of 50 seconds. Finding
the 4m memories seems very hard. On the manual it's written that
every 30 pin simm with at last 120ns of speed would be fine.
On the FAQ on the LD's site, on the other hand, there's a different
info: there its' said that "It can use any type. Parity, non-parity,
2 chips, 3chips, 8 chips, 9 chips, PC, Mac, any speed."
Who should I believe to?

And since I could probably find only used simms that have no
indication of the memory amount, and the only way for me to find out
if they're 1, 4, 8 or 16 Mb it's testing them on the EDP, what
happens if I mount on it a 8 or 16 Mb Simm? Could it cause a damage
to the EDP?

Any experience about that? I digged in the archive but couldn't find
a proper answer... Tx in advance four your suggestions.

all the best from the not-so-much-looping Milano

Bruno Klein