Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

On 3 maj 2006, at 22.07, jondrums wrote:
> Per -
> I noticed that you still use the fireworX - in fact it seems to be
> your only outboard processing gear.  I wondered why that is, surely
> there are plugins that can do all that right? or not?

Not ;-)  I managed to program some stuff I like in that box. So why
not play with it?

On 3 maj 2006, at 22.09, Krispen Hartung wrote:
> Per, can you remind me how you are runing mobius? Are you running
> it as a standalone or inside a VST host?

Standalone. In the past I used it as VST but I changed my mind. The
pitch transformation stuff I was using the host (Live) for can be
done with scripting inside Mobius, so I don't need a host any more.

On 3 maj 2006, at 22.18, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:
> As a matter of fact, the FireworX doesn't always need to be wired
> pre-loop
> or post-loop. You can program the insert port of the FireworX to
> sit at any
> place in your effects chain, so you could go

That's what I thought too after reading the manual. But when setting
up such an external send loop from the FireworX I found the latency
way too big, when using analog ports.

I also like to record the processed sound into the loops, as part of
the instrument I play. I think that it's much more exciting than
looping raw sound and then applying effects in a sort of "re-mix"
attitude. I believe that the smaller set-up you are using the
stronger grows the statement you make. And that's what I think music
is about.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)