Re: generative music ..was: Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

On May 4, 2006, at 7:11 AM, Ben wrote:

> Software ways? Except Koan which seems quite Creative labs oriented
> (soundfonts), are there other alternatives?
> Should we ask manufacturers for a "loop" player: a kind of LP-1
> with random functions and sync between tracks so everytime you hear
> a track it's slightly different? We just have to "prepare" some
> alternative layers and the player will remix/re-arrange on the fly.

There are several small loop/clip based programs with interesting
user controls at:

http://www.ixi-software.net/content/software.html

Both windows and mac legacy in some cases,

I recently came across this for mac:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/gleetch[lab].html

Looks like it leans towards noise design but might be flexible and
seems to have a couple of randomizing elements.

regards

BobCo

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier2
http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier