Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> yet MAX/MSP seems like a very stable and holistic system, in which
> you can write your own looping plugin to work seamlessly inside
> MAX/MSP and with other VST effects.

If you fly me in for the next festival, i'll give you a solid
introduction to Max and a of course all of my looping patches...(you can
have them anyway... ;-)
In the end you will skip all the plugs and do all processing with your
homebrewn patches...

The advantage of learning to DIY instead of learning someone elses
software/hardware has always been obvious for me. Sure, it takes more
time to learn Max, than to learn a readymade looper/sequencer/whatever.
But all you learn is related to what you do and focus on, no waiste at
all. Those who make a readymade program do have their own personal
focus. It could be close to yours, but it will never match exactly, it
will drive you to adapt your focus to the focus of the creator(s) of
that program (if its commercial, the focus is most likely a flattened
out common denominator of the addressed client base)...

Max rulez...

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]