Re: Beginner - what should I buy?

I was a Electro Harmonix 16-second delay user until the early '90s and
then switched to
Lexicon JamMan, then to Echoplex Digital Pro (what I've mostly used
since). But I've always
had a few "loop-capable" pedals of some sort around for quickie light
traveling gigs in
my small stage set-up.

I've been on this list for 10 years now. I really, really, really
recomend the Boss DD-20.
See the Looper's Delight archives (tools of the trade) and especially
Doug Baldwin's
thorough review of the thing at:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/bossDD20/bossDD20_review1.html

You can pick 'em up used for well under $200 these days. I've owned up
to three of
them (symultaneously) and their internal delay clock accuracy is pretty
darn spot on.

Ted