Re: MaxMSP looping -

Rhythmic stuff is very possible in Max/MSP. I have a nice little
patch for extracting the length of a sample, extracting the time sig
and bar count that i put in the filename and auto calculating the
length of a bar and of a beat. However I have built the same live
performance system in Max/MSP and Reaktor. My personal preference
with an A/B comparison was to use Reaktor.

check this mini-tour of one of my live rigs -

http://the0verclock.com/warper4overclock.mov

Sorry, the footage is all 4/4.  : )
At the time I was using Reaktor as a 6 channel plug for all looping,
filtering, mixing. And ableton for organizing a huge bank of tv theme
songs and pre-programmed drum parts. In previous versions of this
rig, the pre-fab samples were loaded either inside of Reaktor or Max/
MSP. These days I have moved back to using Reaktor only. Ableton
however is great for locking down old tv theme songs to a solid tempo
before loading into Reaktor. And Max/MSP is still my go to App for
quick midi fixes.

Sorry for my lack of activity on this list, but you guys are tough to
keep up with! Y'all send a metric ton of email!

- b