Re: MaxMSP looping -

First of all I'd like to say that this is the best loopers-delight
thread in a while :-D Let's try to keep up the momentum!

 >> Max rulez...
 >>
 > >Stefan
 >

 >hell YEAH!
 >
 >:-)
indeed.

cpr@musetrap.com wrote:
>  One of the things that is great about these type of environments is
>that it's
> so easy to start experimenting... which, I believe, lends itself to more
> 'sound/data mangling', much like tweaking parameters on fx, than 'time
> based/syncronized' work... as well, I believe time-based stuff can
>require more
> of a 'programming' mindset, where fx based work is more about just
>plugging
> objects together...

weeeeeell, I actually think it's a lot easier than I would have 2 weeks
ago. I'm about three weeks into the demo, but I already have a working -
and EXTREMELY flexible - midi clock reader. I did the patch on the
train, on the way home from a jam-session. This can easily be used to
retrigger buffer playback in a rhythmic fashion. Might be more
"programmer"-minded, but definitely NOT hard. IMO.

Similarly I did a full hotkey-macro-trigger system in about 30 minutes -
in many cases the system is A LOT easier to use than Reaktor - and OTOH
some things appear slightly clumsy in max, even though the solution
might be a lot more lean, due to the ancient, but efficient gui.

The hardest thing about max is knowing which externals to use - there
are so many of them!

Now I just have a few days left to try out the MSP side some more,
before I have to go begging my wife for the cash ;-)

a.